A lot of people don’t choose kindergarten homeschool curriculum because really, you don’t need it. I, however, prefer a little something to guide our efforts.
I’m not looking to do school at home, but I do need help in seeing what’s possible to challenge my little guy with.
With our current routine involving my older, grade 2 child and my younger, kindergarten child, the advantage of all that my kindergartener gets to learn just by nature of being around my older one is a beautiful thing!
My 5-year old son is a kindergartener whose active, is at times strong-willed, and a solution-minded kinda guy. He likes a challenge and loves it when you reward his efforts.
So to have his older sister sit in a desk across from him brings on his eagerness to have something of his own. And why not?!
Our Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum Picks for 2018-2019
- Alphabet: Although my son learned his alphabet last year with Alphabet Bingo, we are reinforcing uppercase and lowercase letters for some fun and rewards!
- Bible: Read & Learn Kids Bible stories (check out my review here)
- Handwriting: Usborne Wipe-Clean Alphabet book
- Math: Saxon Math Kindergarten Kit & Saxon Math Manipulatives Kit (designed for grades K-3)
- Pictures books for reading enjoyment:
- Reading & Phonics: Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons (check out my reviews here and here) and Evan-Moor’s Basic Phonics Skills Level B
And just by nature of my son being with my daughter whose in grade 2, he’s also participating in our Brave Writer Lifestyle (explained here), which includes: