We’ve been looking to study Biblical feasts as part of both history and Bible in our homeschool and family. Learning About Biblical Feasts: A Study Guide to the Feasts of the Bible for Children & Families is the perfect resource and easy to implement.
I received this free product in exchange for my honest review. I only recommend products to you that we use and enjoy!
Why Learning About Biblical Feasts Is Important
We only know a small amount about God. Being that we live in the new covenant now, Holy Spirit gives us revelation, insight and understanding about the nature and character of God. Holy Spirit also reveals the heart of God as we seek Him.
A natural way to gain spiritual understanding is through symbolism. There are lots of symbolic events in the Bible. So to gain more understanding of God, we need to dig deeper.
Although I was raised in a Christian home and became a Christian at an early age, I never really dug into the Jewish feasts. Yet, I’ve always had an interest to learn.
Side note… this is one of the benefits of homeschooling – you learn what you teach your kids!
Learning About Biblical Feasts Study Guide
Included in the Study Guide:
- Table of Contents
- Biblical Feasts Calendar
- Introduction – Importance of Learning About Jewish Feasts As Christians
- The Jewish feasts in one year include:
- Purim (Feast of Lots)
- Passover (Pesah or Pesach)
- Shavuot or Pentecost (Feast of Weeks)
- Rosh Hashanah (Feast of the Trumpet)
- Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement)
- Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles)
- Hanukkah (Feast of Dedication or Feast of Lights)
- What Does It All Mean?
- A Prayer
How The Study Guide Works (And What We Did)
This study guide is for great for children and families; it’s truly and open-and-go.
- The Biblical Feasts Calendar is a great tool to keep handy to remember the feasts throughout the year. (We have the calendar stored on the inside of our kitchen cabinet as our reminder!)
- The Introduction is a great way to prepare your heart for why you and your family should take in the history of the Biblical feasts and how you can apply them today.
- Each feast is divided up into sections:
- The History of the Biblical feast – This includes the happenings in the Bible leading up to the feast and the feast itself. It’s really a great summary making it easy to listen to and understand for children. We also incorporated a kids movie (Veggie Tales like this one is good for the littles) so they could watch the story leading up to the feast. You’ll find out fairly quickly that most movies don’t talk about the feasts themselves, which is too bad. This is where you want to make sure you’re picking up the study guide to reinforce the feast and why it was held.
- How You Can Celebrate Today – I like how it takes the history and applies it to today as we live in the new covenant. This is what my children (and I) were particularly excited about. It also invites you to read the story out of the Bible as a family, which we love!
- Questions – These are great for recall of history. My kiddos verbally answered, while I wrote their answers on the sheet provided.
- Notebooking Pages – My children are smaller and are at the stage of drawing and beginning to write, so we just found an appropriate coloring sheet for the feast (such as Purim) and wrote the type of feast on it.
- What Does It All Mean? – This ties the Old and New Testament together, which is really well done.
- A Prayer – The prayer of salvation is so important, especially as we discover God’s goodness and His love for us, so this was a pleasant find.
- Answers – Having answers is great for a quick reference, or if your older children are correcting their work by themselves.
Learning About Biblical Feasts study guide is a really great resource for the entire family. We highly recommend it!
So, how have you learned about Biblical feasts with your children?
Anchored in Jesus,