A lot of people don’t choose kindergarten homeschool curriculum because really, you don’t need it. I, however, prefer a little something to guide our efforts.
I’m not looking to do school at home, but I do need help in seeing what’s possible to challenge my little guy with.
With our current routine involving my older, grade 2 child and my younger, kindergarten child, the advantage of all that my kindergartener gets to learn just by nature of being around my older one is a beautiful thing!
My 5-year old son is a kindergartener whose active, is at times strong-willed, and a solution-minded kinda guy. He likes a challenge and loves it when you reward his efforts.
So to have his older sister sit in a desk across from him brings on his eagerness to have something of his own. And why not?!
Our Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum Picks for 2018-2019
- Alphabet: Although my son learned his alphabet last year with Alphabet Bingo, we are reinforcing uppercase and lowercase letters for some fun and rewards!
- Bible: Read & Learn Kids Bible stories (check out my review here)
- Handwriting: Usborne Wipe-Clean Alphabet book
- Math: Saxon Math Kindergarten Kit & Saxon Math Manipulatives Kit (designed for grades K-3)
- Pictures books for reading enjoyment:
- Reading: Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons (check out my reviews here and here)
And just by nature of my son being with my daughter whose in grade 2, he’s also participating in our Brave Writer Lifestyle (explained here), which includes:
Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons Printables
(includes: sticker chart, letter sound flashcards & word flashcards)
I’d love to hear if you include any of these elements in your kindergarten homeschool curriculum. Share in the comments below!
Anchored in Jesus,