Choosing homeschool curriculum can be a challenge and your experience will be different from mine. I’ve now been homeschooling my daughter for 8 years.
I had the privilege and opportunity to work at a homeschool store for 2 years before my daughter was born. This gave me a strong foundation in beginning our homeschool journey. Though, I will say, each year there are more and more homeschool options available to consider.
My approach has always been to choose the curriculum that’s right for my children’s learning style. If a curriculum is working for my child, I don’t usually change anything. I only consider a new curriculum if something isn’t registering or working with her.
So here it is, our grade 6 homeschool curriculum picks for the 2022-2023 learning year!
2022-2023 Grade 6 Homeschool Curriculum Picks
- Books of my daughter’s choosing
- How to Train Your Dragon
- Island Of The Blue Dolphins
- Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes
- Sarah, Plain and Tall
- The Boxcar Children
- The Courage of Sarah Noble
- The Hundred Dresses
- The Picture History Of Great Inventors
- The Twenty-One Balloons
- The Wild Robot
- My Side Of The Mountain
- Number The Stars
- The Green Ember
- Isaac Newton (Sower Series)
- George Washington Carver (Sower Series)
- Aesop’s Fables: 240 Short Stories for Children
- Favorite Poems Old and New
- The Mystery of History, Volume 2: The Early Church and the Middle Ages Student Reader
- The Student Bible Atlas: Revised Edition
- Historical Atlas of the World – 6th edition
- Canada Map Book 2
- Hero Tales: A Family Treasury of True Stories from the Lives of Christian Heroes, Volume I
- Fun with Composers – “Just for Kids” (library books)
- A Child’s Introduction to the Orchestra (library books)
- Piano Lessons
Are you familiar with any of these curriculum choices? Let me know if they’re new or familar to you!
Also, check out these Grade 4 Homeschool Curriculum Picks from just a couple of years ago.
Anchored in Christ,