Prayer can change the atmosphere or direction of anything, including your homeschool. But most often, it is us who needs to KEEP praying and speaking God’s Word. Join my 30-day Homeschool Prayer Challenge and see what God will do through daily prayer prompts, scripture, prayer, encouragement and support.
The homeschooling lifestyle isn’t easy.
Let’s just look at a list of what a homeschooling mom deals with:
- Education – hoping that they’ll engage with what’s being taught and the ability to teach so that it’s understood.
- Household – cooking, cleaning, laundry, finances, yardwork, organization.
- Driver – activities, homeschool co-op’s, sports, kids/youth groups.
- Relationships – having a good relationship with your kids, husband, parents, siblings, friends.
- Ministry/Volunteer – getting plugged into a local church, charity or other volunteer organization.
- Self-care – where does this fit in?
A homeschooling mom’s plate is full.
Just looking at this list makes me feel overwhelmed, but thankfully, it doesn’t all happen at once.
You can feel joy one minute and a failure to your kids the next. Emotions are everywhere for everyone.
We can do our best to prevent hard homeschooling days, but ultimately we need the help of the Holy Spirit to lead, guide and help us soften our hearts, discern what’s going on, pray into all things and believe that outcomes will change by the power of God.
So what does prayer do?
…The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. (James 5:16)
Prayer intervenes, interposes, intercedes and makes supplication. (Source)
Life isn’t easy; it’s tough. We have an adversary, the devil, walking around like a lion seeking whom he may devour. (1 Peter 5:8)
The goal of the enemy is to have you think that God isn’t good, causing you to question everything about Him, ultimately becoming separated from Him and even to the point of denying Him.
God has given us a free will. Everything about life is a result of choice, but not everything that happens to us is our choice.
Cling to God as if your life depends on it.
There are times when relationships with friends or loved ones are in turmoil, children are making choices that aren’t good for them and they’re not happy with the consequences of their actions, or there’s a lack of finances to pay all that’s due. You could also be experiencing ill-health in your body, mind or emotions or a tough go at homeschooling trying to figure it all out.
Whatever the case, we need to know that although our life experiences are tough that God does allows them and it gives us an opportunity to cling to Him as if our life depends on it.
Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. (James 1:13)
Know the difference between God and the enemy.
God is so much greater than to teach us with evil, sickness or lack. These experiences do exist, but they are not from God, they are from Satan, whose purpose is to steal, kill and destroy. Jesus came so that we would experience life, and life more abundantly. (John 10:10)
Be aware of the enemy’s devices. If we know the difference between God and the enemy, we’ll avoid falling prey to his schemes of doubt and questions.
God’s character. If we know the character of God by reading the Word, we’ll know that anything that we’re experiencing in life that doesn’t line up with who God is only temporary, but a matter of prayer.
Prayer connects our heart to God’s heart.
God is supreme and the final authority, which means if our heart isn’t longing for what God would have happen, it’s us that needs the change, not God.
By you being here on this earth at this very moment in time, is for your heart to connect to God’s heart through prayer impacting earth with the influence of heaven.
If God can make all things work together for good (Romans 8:28), then likely He wants you to reach out to Him, like a child reaches out to their father. God wants you to fervently knock, ask and seek Him, pursuing Him with hope as your anchor to your soul.
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. (1 John 5:14-15)
Prayer requires us to stand.
We have to know that prayer is a fight.
Prayer is not a matter of flesh and blood (physical people), but of power and principalities and rulers of the darkness.
Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints. (Ephesians 6:13-18)
Angels are waiting for your spoken word.
God needs you to agree with His Word and speak it out loud. In fact, the angels are waiting for His Word, so that they can get to work actively accomplishing His will on the earth.
Bless the Lord, you His angels,
Who excel in strength, who do His word,
Heeding the voice of His word.
Would you like to join my 30-Day Homeschool Prayer Challenge?
Who is the 30-day Homeschool Prayer Challenge for?
This challenge is for someone who:
- desires to see change in their homeschool environment.
- craves creative and innovative homeschool ideas to help their children be their best at learning and your ability in teaching them.
- hungers for other homeschool moms to be encouraged about their homeschooling endeavours.
- longs for their marriage to grow stronger.
- yearns for their children to fulfill their life’s purpose, destiny and calling.
- believes they are blessed to be a blessing helping others in need.
- desires to see their family’s income increase, so that they are the lender and not the borrower.
- wants their relationships (family, friendship, etc.) strengthened.
- believes they can be better and healthier in their body, mind and emotions.
What will you get from being involved in the 30-day Homeschool Prayer Challenge?
- My Homeschool Prayer Journal ($6.00 value), absolutely FREE, when you join!
- Daily prayer prompts will be posted, along with a scripture.
- 30-day scripture challenges to continue on our journey of prayer
- Prayer as you submit your prayer requests.
- Encouragement, support and love from this group that is the praying homeschool moms.
Will you join me to see change?
Let's join together in faith, praying and declaring God's Word! See you in the challenge:)
Anchored in Jesus,