It can feel really scary knowing what our children are subject to these days. While there are so many amazing advances in the world we live in, we also know the enemy has more routes than ever to steal, kill and destroy our lives, and that the desires of the flesh are knocking at the door.
If you are looking to help your children:
- remained rooted and grounded in the One who is Love
- encountering God personally and knowing Him intimately
- develop good and Godly character
- be a good friend
- experience quality friendships and relationships
- value purity
…then prayer is your weapon!
Download your FREE 30-Day Praying For Your Children Printable below!
Why Should We Pray For Our Children?
You can be sure that the enemy will come to attack your children. You can also be sure that your children will want to give into the cravings of their flesh. BUT, we have a weapon that is MORE POWERFUL than the enemy or sin and that is PRAYER!
You are a soldier going into a battle for your children and when you pray, you are engaging in that spiritual warfare.
Ephesians 6:18 (NIV) says,
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
Why Is Prayer Important?
Prayer is important to the life of a believer; it’s our way of communicating with our Father, through the Holy Spirit.
What Does Prayer Do?
Prayer effectively helps you to:
- seek guidance, wisdom and discernment from the Lord
- hear His will concerning the day
- petition the Lord based on His promises
- impact the earth with heaven’s influences
- stand in the gap for others
- keeps our heart and mind focused on God
Download your FREE 30-Day Praying For Your Children Printable below!
Prayer Is Our Weapon
The enemy, Satan, is seeking whom he may devour. He’s not a physical being; he’s a spirit. And he’s not just seeking anybody; he’s seeking those who are living for Jesus.
The enemy is not a creator like our Father, but he’s a distorter of what is already created.
For although we live in the natural realm, we don’t wage a military campaign employing human weapons, using manipulation to achieve our aims. Instead, our spiritual weapons are energized with divine power to effectively dismantle the defenses behind which people hide. 2 Corinthians 10:3-4 (TPT)
The way that Satan attacks our children is through every route possible…social media, movies, family, friends, their own thoughts, church family, other kids they don’t know but meet, etc. And not every attack we experience is by route of the enemy; sometimes it’s by our own doing and choices which are out of our sinful, fleshy, carnal nature.
We experience the enemy’s attacks or our own sinful desires in our everyday life and the reason for this is to get us off God’s good plans for our lives. The enemy wants to distort God’ loving nature. And instead of being led by the Spirit, what our flesh wants to do is often more appealing and the easy route.
Our children need our prayers for:
- knowing God more
- protection from the evil one
- seek the kingdom of God first
- loving God and others
- hearing God’s voice
- thinking on the right things
- the fruit of the spirit
- honoring their parents
- accepting Jesus as their Lord
- restful sleep
- God’s plans for them
- following Jesus
- their hearts
30 Bible Scriptures To Pray Over Your Children
1. Romans 10:13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
2. Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my paths.
3. James 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
4. John 8:32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
5. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
6. Matthew 5:14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.
7. Malachi 3:10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse,that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this,” Says the Lord of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.”
8. John 10:4-5 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.”
9. Isaiah 54:17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the Lord.
10. Joshua 1:8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
11. Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
12. Ephesians 3:18-19 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
13. Isaiah 54:13 All your children shall be taught by the Lord, And great shall be the peace of your children.
14. Proverbs 3:24 When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet.
15. Romans 15:8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
16. 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
17.Psalm 91:3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler And from the perilous pestilence.
18. Psalm 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, And He delights in his way.
19. Luke 9:23 Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.
20. Psalm 112:1 Praise the Lord! Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, Who delights greatly in His commandments.
21. Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
22. 1 Timothy 4:12 Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
23. Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
24. 1 Peter 3:8 Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous;
25. John 15:5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
26. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
27. Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
28. Ephesians 6:1-3 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother,” which is the first commandment with promise: “that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth.”
29. Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
30. 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
Get your FREE 30-Day Praying For Your Children Scripture Challenge Printable Below:
Let’s warfare for our children’s hearts and their future.
Anchored in Christ,