Have you spent time helping your kids memorize Bible verses? Often we don’t help them because:
- we don’t know what Bible verses they should memorize
- we don’t understand why they should memorize Bible verses
- we lack of consistency in helping our kids with memorization
Do any of these resonate with you?
Scroll down to grab your free printable!
Lack Of Planning
I was inconsistent with helping my kids memorize Bible verses. I found that it was because I didn’t have a plan of which Bible verses we should memorize.
I was all over the place.
One week we memorized scripture. The next week I wasn’t sure which one to memorize and wondered if the Bible verses were too long to memorize.
I froze and procrastinated instead of following through on one of these most important things I can do to disciple my kids, which was help them memorize the Word of God. With my insecurities of what to do, I felt like I was failing my kids.
After having no plan, I decided it was time to create one.
Repetition Is Key
Starting off with short Bible verses is helpful in building confidence for you and your kids, but one thing I cannot stress enough is that memorization requires repetition.
Repetition can become tiring, boring or uninteresting for kids, but I’d encourage you to change it up to make it exciting.
SIDE NOTE: We’re posting our scripture memory work on Instagram… come find us here!
Here are 5 ways to change up repetition in memorizing scripture:
- add a reward for having them say it correctly 3 times
- have them change the tone in their voice each time they recite it
- decide together on actions to use while saying it
- add a melody to make the scripture a song
- add a dance, jumping jacks or stretches after each time the scripture is said
Whatever you do, change things up by incorporating something new and unique. Just this alone creates excitement and spontaneity which is helpful for keeping boredom at bay and learning the Bible fun!
24 Short Bible Verses Kids Can Easily Memorize
I’ve created 24 short Bible verses kids can easily memorize. The free printable (below) is in a scripture card format and perfect for the entire family to work on together.
I pray it will helpful to your family’s Bible verse memorization plan!
Feel free to share if these scriptures cards were helpful!
Anchored in Christ,